FAQFind out all you need to know
Why should I use an umbrella company?
- It acts as an employer and will provide you with employee rights
- It will provide you with a convenient and efficient way to be paid with all your taxes paid directly to HMRC
How does Amaze Umbrella work?
To kick things off you need to complete the registration form. You can do this over the phone by calling 0161 464 8993.
You will need to send us proof of who you are, your address and P45 from your previous employment. We will contact your recruitment company to obtain a copy of your assignment contract to check what rights you have and to ensure it doesn’t conflict with the employment contract.
You will be employed under an overarching contract of employment with Amaze Umbrella Limited. This will enable you to carry out a succession of assignments regardless of agencies or clients that you are engaged with.
We will enter into a contract with your recruitment company, or if appropriate your end client, to enable you to carry out your assignment.
You carry out the duties you have been engaged to undertake at the client’s premises.
You let us know your hours and we’ll invoice your recruitment company or if appropriate end client. The invoice amount will also include your employment costs including National Insurance and our fee.
You will receive a text or email when your payment is on its way.
IR35: Why do I need an umbrella company?
From 6 April 2017, Off-Payroll rules have been in effect for individuals that provide their services to public sector clients via an intermediary, such as a personal service company (PSC). The changes transferred responsibility for paying any relevant tax/NI from the PSC to the end client.
This means that public sector organisations that contracted with individuals who provided their services via a PSC have had to ascertain the employment status of the workers. This led many to remove the risk of error and place a blanket ban on paying PSCs.
The same changes will be imminently implemented in the private sector. An umbrella company like Amaze is a cost-effective solution with many benefits including statutory benefits such as sick pay and holiday pay. Amaze Umbrella also offers an employee benefits platform to its employees. Now is the time to move to an employed solution. If you are unsure how you are affected please get in touch.
Can I switch from my current umbrella provider to you?
We are delighted to welcome contractors to the AMAZE Umbrella service. We have made the switching process incredibly easy and quick.
- To get the ball rolling, please call the team at AMAZE Umbrella on 0161 464 8993 or complete our short form.
- Our team will contact your recruitment company and arrange the paperwork. You will need to provide us with proof of who you are, your address and P45 from your previous employment.
- You will need to notify your current umbrella company provider that you are leaving their service and joining us. They will then provide you with your P45 to forward on to us.
- You carry out your contracted duties and let us know your hours.
- We invoice the recruitment company and on the day the recruitment company releases funds we will process your details through the payroll and text you to let you know your pay is on its way.
We look forward to working with you.