Have any questions?
You’ve come to the right place. You can read our FAQs below and if we don’t have the answer you’re looking for, please feel free to call our helpful Amaze team on:
Why should I use an umbrella company?
An umbrella company offers contractors 2 major benefits:
- It acts as an employer and will provide you with employee rights and benefits
- It will provide you with a convenient and efficient way to be paid with all your taxes and National Insurance paid directly to HMRC
How does Amaze Umbrella work?
To kick things off you need to complete the registration form. You can also do this over the phone by calling 0161 464 8993. You will need to send us proof of who you are, proof of your address and P45 from your previous employment. We will contact your recruitment company to obtain a copy of your assignment contract to check what rights you have and to ensure it doesn’t conflict with the employment contract. You will be employed under an overarching contract of employment with Amaze Umbrella Limited. This will enable you to carry out a succession of assignments regardless of agencies or clients that you are engaged with. We will enter into a contract with your recruitment company, or if appropriate your end client, to enable you to carry out your assignment. You carry out the duties you have been engaged to undertake at the client’s premises. You let us know your hours and we’ll invoice your recruitment company or if appropriate end client. The invoice amount will also include your employment costs including National Insurance and our fee. You will receive a text or email when your payment is on its way.
Am I self-employed if I use an umbrella company?
When you join Amaze, you become an employee of Amaze Umbrella. Therefore you are technically not self-employed.
What are the benefits of using an umbrella company?
The most important benefit is you don’t have to go through the hassle of setting up a limited company. Amaze Umbrella will relieve you of any administrative burden, allowing you to focus on your core work.
what is same day faster payments?
These are payments that’ll land in your account the same day they’re processed by our umbrella company. E.g. If we processes your pay by 2:00pm using Faster Payments, you’ll receive your funds on the same day.
Ready to come on board?
IR35: Why do I need an umbrella company?
The IR35 rules were introduced to the private sector in April 2021 to bring obligations for medium and large private sector businesses in line with the public sector rules. This means responsibility for deciding employment status has shifted from the contractor to the end-client. This change was implemented in the public sector in 2017.
The off-payroll rules don’t apply when:
- The contractor does not work through a limited company
- The private sector end-client is classified as ‘small’ (Companies act 2006)
- If the off-payroll working rules apply, the fee payer (usually the recruitment agency) will carry the responsibility for deducting the correct Income Tax (PAYE), National Insurance contributions and Apprenticeship Levy before paying HMRC.
An umbrella company like Amaze is a cost-effective solution with many benefits including statutory benefits such as sick pay and holiday pay. Amaze Umbrella also offers an employee benefits platform to its employees.
Can I switch from my current umbrella provider to you?
We are delighted to welcome contractors to the Amaze Umbrella service. We have made the switching process incredibly easy and quick.
- To get the ball rolling, please call the team at Amaze Umbrella on 0161 464 8993 or complete our short form.
- Our team will contact your recruitment company and arrange the paperwork. You will need to provide us with proof of who you are, proof of your address and P45 from your previous employment.
- You will need to notify your current umbrella company provider that you are leaving their service and joining us. They will then provide you with your P45 to forward on to us.
- You carry out your contracted duties and let us know your hours.
- We invoice the recruitment company and on the day the recruitment company releases funds we will process your details through the payroll and text you to let you know your pay is on its way.
We look forward to working with you.
Can I claim expenses?
We do not allow expenses to be processed through our umbrella service. See our Expenses Guide to find out more.
“They made the process really straightforward and were never too busy to explain the process and answer my questions”
What is the FCSA?
The FCSA (Freelancer and Contractor Services Association) is the UK’s most recognised industry body dedicated to ensuring the supply chain of temporary workers is ethical and compliant with HMRC rules and regulations.
What does it mean if an umbrella company is FCSA accredited?
To achieve FCSA accreditation, accountants and umbrella companies must undergo a series of assessments and audits from independent professionals, and they must be able to provide they operate in accordance with the strict FCSA codes of compliance.
Is there a registration fee?
There is no registration fee when you enrol with us at Amaze. There is only a weekly fee at a fixed price, so you don’t need to worry about fluctuating prices.
will I receive a payslip?
Yes, you will receive a digital payslip.